Os primeiros de "Comedy and Drama"
Para mais, siga o link:
Para mais, siga o link:
- A Farewell to Arms – Free – Gary Cooper and Helen Hayes star in film based on famous novel by Ernest Hemingway. (1932)
- A Matter of Life and Death - Free – Romantic fantasy film created by the British writing-directing-producing team of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger, and set in England during the Second World War. It stars David Niven, Roger Livesey, Kim Hunter, Marius Goring and Raymond Massey. (1946)
- Alexander Nevsky – Free – A historical drama film directed by the great Russian filmmaker Sergei Eisenstein. Click icon on bottom of video to enable subtitles. (1938)
- An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge - Free – French short film directed by Robert Enrico. Won awards at Cannes Film Festival and Academy Awards. (1962)
- Andrei Rublev – Free – Andrei Tarkovsky’s film charting life of the great icon painter. Click CC for subtitles. Part 2 here. (1966)
- Angel on My Shoulder – Free – A gangster comedy starring Claude Rains and Paul Muni. (1946)
- Becky Sharp – Free – The first feature film to use three-strip Technicolor film, or, put differently, the first real color film. (1935).
- Bottle Rocket – Free – Wes Anderson’s first short film, which became the basis for his first feature film by the same name. (1992)
- Breaking the Code – Free - A biography of the English mathematician Alan Turing, who was one of the inventors of the digital computer and one of the key figures in the breaking of the Enigma code. Stars Derek Jacobi. (1996)
- Cannibal! The Musical - Free – Black comedy by Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the makers of South Park. Their very first feature film. (1993)
- Captain Kidd - Free - Charles Laughton and John Carradine star in film with drama on the high seas (1945).
- Charade – Free - Starring Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn. Part romance, comedy and thriller, this public domain film has been called “the best Hitchcock movie that Hitchcock never made. (1963)
- Chimes at Midnight - Free – Directed by Orson Welles, the film focuses on Shakespeare’s recurring character Sir John Falstaff and his relationship with another character Prince Hal. (1966)
- Cold Sweat – Free - Charles Bronson, Liv Ullman, James Mason, and Jill Ireland star in this action packed movie about a ruthless drug runner who holds a man’s family hostage. (1970)
- Cyrano De Bergerac – Free – Michael Gordon’s tale based on the classic French tale. (1950)
- Darwin - Free - 53-minute exploration of the life and work of Charles Darwin by Peter Greenaway. (1993)
- Diary – Free – Short film by Tim Hetherington (director of Restrepo) that reflects on his ten years of war reporting. (2010)
- Dreams That Money Can Buy – Free – A surrealist film by Man Ray, Marcel Duchamp, Alexander Calder, Fernand Léger & Hans Richter. (1947)
- Dry Summer – Free – Turkish film restored by Martin Scorsese’s WCF. (1974)
- Duet for Cannibals – Free - A tale of emotional cannibalism by Susan Sontag. A pair of psychological & sexual cannibals come close to devouring a younger couple. (1969)
- Eat, Sleep & Kiss - Free - Three silent anti-films by Andy Warhol. (1963-1964)
- Evidence - Free - From the maker of Koyaanisqatsi, a short film about kids watching cartoons (1995).
- Fear and Desire – Free – Anuncut print of Stanley Kubrick’s “lost” early film. Kubrick didn’t like how his first film came out, so removed it from circulation. (1953)
- Fight for Your Right Revisited - Free - Adam Yauch commemorates the Beastie Boys’ legendary video for (You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party!). 30 minute surreal film stars Elijah Wood, Danny McBride and Seth Rogen. (2011)
- Five Minutes to Live – Free – Amazing bank heist movie stars Johnny Cash, Vic Tayback, Ron Howard, and country music great, Merle Travis. (1961)
- Flamenco at 5:15 – Free – Oscar-winning short film about a flamenco dance class given to senior students. (1983)
- Franz Kafka’s It’s a Wonderful Life - Free – Oscar-winning short film that combines Kafka’s Metamorphosis with Capra’s It’s a Wonderful Life. (1993)